Monday, August 20, 2012

Reflections on Week 1

Only four days in and I already know what to expect of the class and of myself. I know, it's crazy. I definitely think that listening to Socractic Seminars and lectures will help further more with my participation level in this class. If I listen and understand the lectures and the seminars, I have more of my own opinions and thoughts and therefore I can share my thoughts and ideas on the matter more. I also think that blogging everyday, checking Dr. Preston's blog, and keeping in touch with my collegues via cell phone and Facebook will help me stay on track in the class and raise my participation level that much higher. I'm also aware that I have work everyday from 4 to 8 so I know I have to get to work right when I get home and finish everything or else I am going to have to come home late and having to stay up even later to finish all my homework.

The best learning experience probably would have been when I went with the Righetti choir on the college trip. We visited Fullerton, which is where I'm planning to attend, and we met their choir director. He was amazing helpful and such a great teacher that I walked away ftom the campus full of knew knowledge of singing that I never had had before. I knew I had to pay attention the minute he started talking to us because I thought to myself, "Wow. This is the real deal. This guy is going to lead me right to the next step in my life and I want to soak up as much knowledge he will give me now as possible!". It was truly an amazing experience and til this day I still remember everything he has taught me and I actually use his techniques and styles in my singing which have made it possible for me to progress and become better.

I'm excited the most about this class to actually learn. I know it sounds bad, but last year in English I didn't really learn anything new that I already didn't know. Everyday I went into the class brain dead not evening wanting to do anything because I thought the class was a waste of my time. But already I know this class is going to be extremely different. I'm looking forward to using technology to expand my knowledge of not only computers but English as well. No more paper all the time. No more writing and getting a cramp in my hand. Just my computer and I. And I love that! In the long run, using technology all year will defintely help me in the future because I will actually know what I'm doing. A few weeks ago, I had no idea how to create a blog or even where to start to create one. Now I have one up and going and hopefully I can use this to my advantage and create another blog or something like this in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment