Sunday, August 12, 2012

Assignment #1


I decided to take this course I guess mainly because I've taken all AP English classes for the past three years. It seemed like the most plausible reason to take this course. I selected AP English my freshman year to challenge myself and I also liked English very much. Three years later, I still have that same mentality going into this AP English Lit course as a senior. I loved taking Dr. Preston's class as a sophmore so I'm especially excited to take his class again yet in a different manner: I'm a senior and the class will be more challenging than sophmore year. I'm rather excited to use lots of technology in this class for I'm NOT great with technology and I might get better with it as this year progresses. Yet although I'm excited to learn more about technology, I'm extremely nervous about starting the process. I will most likely mess up more than a couple times and get extremely frustrated with it. I'm also nervous that I'm taking this class every morning at 7:30 AM. I mean, who wants to have their hardest class at the time when they're just barely waking up? Yet, I know it will be fun as well as challenging.

My goals for this course are to definitely become more comfortable with technology and walk away from this class feeling like I can do anything on the computer all by myself. I also want to get higher than a C in this class at the end of the year. I need a good grade in this class to go on my transcript so colleges can see what I can do in terms of challenging myself in these types of classes. I very much hope I can achieve these goals and I will do everything I can to do just that. By taking this class before, I know firsthand how much I think and how wide my knowledge expands. This year, it will most likely expand even further because of how my mind and my ways of thinking have changed and broadened. I expect this course to expand my knowledge and improve my ways of thinking drastically during this last year of high school and I am very prepared for this.


No comments:

Post a Comment