Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Senior project progress

I'd say I'm doing pretty well on the progress of my senior project. I mean I do wish I had some more songs than I have right now, but there are some days when I have nothing in my mind and then there are other days when I have lots of ideas and lyrics running through my brain. I do have 3 songs so far for my album. I'm going to try and go for about 10. Well here's a sneak peak of one song I just wrote to my best friends. 

    "Our Own Song"
It always comes out so typical 
"Friends forever" sounds so dull
There's cards and songs full of words 
All of which we've always heard
There's really simplicity in the fact
Most of which words can lack 
So I'll try and keep it simple and let it be
I'll do my best to truly make you see

How you're the anchor to my boat
I'm your gloves and you're my coat 
You're the brilliant shine to my ruby 
I'm your Shaggy and you're my Scooby 
So Oh how how can not see
You have helped shape this person within me 

Those times when we would cry
Or laugh till we'd die 
Who will be there to tell let me know
That they'll be there through my highs and my lows?
And promise me no matter the miles
You will be there through all my trials 
 
Repeat chorus 

Don't go singin' all those songs
Or saying things that don't belong
Just keep it easy 
Keep it breezy
Because a friendship like ours is our own little song 

No comments:

Post a Comment